Clinical Obstetrics and Gynaecology International Edition, 3rd Editionby Brian A. Magowan
Wherever you study or practise obstetrics and gynaecology, a sound knowledge of the clinical aspects will underpin your understanding of the specialty and maximise your ability to make a difference to the care of women and babies.
A perfect companion to Kumar and Clark’s Clinical Medicine, this new edition continues to provide an excellent grounding and framework for handling clinical problems in obstetrics and gynaecology.
• Highly illustrated with clear, full-colour line drawings and colour photos.
• Summary boxes and tables throughout.
• Key-points boxes at the end of each chapter.
• The latest information for statistics and genetics.
• Forward-looking approach to obstetrics and gynaecology.
• History and ethics boxes throughout.
• Organized into three sections: Fundamentals, Gynaecology, and Pregnancy and the puerperium.
• New section on sexual and reproductive health
• New chapter on surgery to aligned with the RCOG undergrad curriculum
• Anaesthesia chapter totally reworked.
• Increased coverage of ectopic pregnancy and miscarriage.
• Fully revised and updated throughout.
Table of Contents
SECTION 1 FUNDAMENTALS
1 Clinical pelvic anatomy
2 Human embryogenesis
3 History and examination
SECTION 2 GYNAECOLOGY
4 Imaging in obstetrics and gynaecology
5Paediatric gynaecology 6 Disorders of sex development (DSD) 7The normal menstrual cycle 8Amenorrhoea 9Infertility 10 Early pregnancy care
11 Menstrual disorders
12 Acute pelvic pain
14 Premenstrual syndrome 15 The menopause 16 Genital prolapse 17 Urinary incontinence 18 Ovarian neoplasms 19 Uterine neoplasia 20 Cervical disease 21 Gestational trophoblastic disease 22 Disorders of the vulva 23 Gynaecological surgery SECTION 3 REPRODUCTIVE HEALTH
24 Sexually transmitted infections 25 Sexual problems 26 Termination of pregnancy 27 Contraception SECTION 4 PREGNANCY AND THE PUERPERIUM 28 The physiology of pregnancy 29 Strategies to improve global maternal and neonatal health 30 Antenatal care 31 Postnatal care 32 Medical disorders in pregnancy 33 Prenatal diagnosis 34 Obstetric haemorrhage 35 Small babies 36 Hypertensive disorders in pregnancy 37 Prematurity 38 Multiple pregnancy 39 Fetal haemolytic disease 40 Labour 41 Monitoring of the fetus in labour 42 Induction of labour 43 Pain relief in labour 44 Precipitate labour and slow labour 45 Malpresentations and malpositions 46 Obstetric emergencies 47 Operative delivery 48 When a baby dies - stillbirth and neonatal death 49 Neonatal resuscitation