This highly-illustrated volume has been specially designed to demystify the principles of occlusion and provide readers with an easy-to-access, full colour guide to this essential although highly complex subject area.
Prepared by international opinion leaders, Occlusion: Principles and Practice is rich in pedagogy with pull-out boxes, clinical vignettes, end-of-chapter summaries and an impressive array of explanatory artworks and clinical colour photographs.
Over 300 pages provide a clear explanation of the biological principles underlying occlusion in addition to a deep exploration of the latest evidence-based clinical research. The book is also accompanied by an on-line collection of clinical videos and dynamic MRI scans to further reinforce understanding of the complex issues explored within.
Designed to give readers more confidence in clinical practice, Occlusion: Principles and Practice will be ideal for senior dental undergraduates and qualified practitioners, especially those undertaking postgraduate exams in restorative dentistry and prosthodontics.
• An easy-to-read, easy-access format presents the newest evidence-based clinical research on occlusion.
• A companion websitesupports the book with three video clips: condyle movements within the glenoid fossa, relationship between condylar translation and rotation, and movement of the condyle-disc assembly recorded by MRI.
• ~Nearly 300 full-color photographs and illustrations depict occlusal conditions, principles, and treatment.
• A world-renowned team of expert contributors offers practical insights gained from years of clinical research and experience.
• Summary tables, key points boxes, and helpful hints and tips make it easier to assess and manage occlusal issues and TMJ problems.