- Succinct case studies presented in an easy to read format
- Questions at the end of each case prompt readers to think about their options for treatment or actions they should consider
- Answer pages guide readers through the experienced clinician's sequence of thoughts and actions, listing legal and ethical issues, and outlining clinical considerations
- Relevant legislation is highlighted throughout the text
- Includes input from consultants, lawyers, religious leaders and healthcare professionals
The new edition of this best-selling title from the popular 100 cases series explores common paediatric scenarios that will be encountered by the medical student and junior doctor during practical training on the ward, in the emergency department, in outpatient clinics and in the community, and which are likely to feature in qualifying examinations. The book covers a comprehensive range of presentations from cough to constipation, organized by sub-specialty area for ease of reference. Comprehensive answers highlight key take home points from each case and provide practical advice on how to deal with the challenges that occur when practising paediatric medicine at all levels.