Rush University Medical Center Review of Surgery, 5th Edition: Expert Consult - Online and Printby Jose M. Velasco
Rush University Medical Center Review of Surgery, edited by Drs. Velasco, Bines, Deziel, Millikan, McCarthy, Prinz, and Saclarides, gives you a concise yet comprehensive review of both general surgery and surgical subspecialties in a user-friendly question-and-answer format that mimics actual exams. Thoroughly revised, this 5th edition adds new chapters and updates existing chapters with the latest surgical techniques and practices, plus an increased emphasis on ethics, while maintaining its broad review of surgical topics to provide wide-ranging and complete coverage of the information most important to you. More than 1,500 peer-reviewed questions mirror standardized test blueprints provide a realistic simulation of the actual test-taking experience so you can become accustomed to the exam interface. In print and online at www.expertconsult.com, the Rush University Review is perfect for residents in training,surgeons preparing for certification or recertification exams, and experienced clinicians wishing to keep abreast of current practices and recent advances.
• Challenge your knowledge with more than 1,500 review questions, with answers and rationales, that cover the full range of topics in general and subspecialty surgery - all the information you need to prepare for certification and recertification or stay current with new advances.
• Get a realistic simulation of the actual exam with questions that mimic standardized tests and prepare you for board and ABSITE exams.
• Understand the rationale behind the answers to each question with clear, illustrated explanations from Elsevier’s trusted surgical references including Cameron’s Current Surgical Therapy.
• Access the fully searchable text online at www.expertconsult.com, along with hyperlinked references, illustrations, self-assessment tools, and more.
• Master the latest need-to-know information in your field with abundant new chapters and updates throughout reflecting the latest surgical techniques and practices, as well as an increased emphasis on ethics to help you prepare for this increasingly important aspect of the boards.
The perfect review for preparing for the boards, certification and recertification.
"This is the fifth edition of a question book designed to prepare residents for boards and specifically the ABSITE. This book covers a wide spectrum of surgical topics starting from the basics of surgical physiology to the fundamentals of surgical technology. The latest edition uses the format of select the best answer, which enables readers to definitively learn the correct information.
The change to the format of select the best answer has made learning a lot easier. The information delivery has been simplified and this new version will do a better job preparing residents for the ABSITE and for the board examination." - Raphael C Sun, MD(University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics), Excerpts from Doody's review service