MKSAP for Students 5, 5th editionby American College of Phyisicans and the Clerkship Directors in Internal Medicine and Patrick C. Alguire
Like its best-selling predecessor, the fifth edition of this popular series contains over 450 multiple-choice questions, updated references, color photographs and ECG tracings. MKSAP for Students is intended for third-year students participating in their required internal medicine clerkship and for fourth-year students on an advanced medicine clerkship.
All questions are formatted as clinical vignettes that resemble the types of questions students encounter on the examination at the end of the clerkship and on the USMLE licensing examination. Each question has a detailed answer critique that identifies the correct answer, an explanation of why that answer is correct and the other options are incorrect, an educational objective and a short bibliography. Succinct "Key Points" summarize the important "take home messages" for each question. MKSAP for Students 5 is supported by its companion textbook, Internal Medicine Essentials for Students. All questions in MKSAP for Students are associated with relevant content in the Essentials textbook that can directly answer the question.
• Covers the common problems and disorders a student is likely to encounter
• Over 450 NEW multiple-choice questions
• Updated references, color photographs, and ECG Tracings
• Questions formatted as clinical vignettes to resemble the types of questions on the examination
• Key points to summarize important information for each question