The Harriet Lane Handbook International Edition, 20th Editionby Johns Hopkins Hospital, Jamie Laubisch, Branden Engorn
Trusted by generations of residents and practitioners, The Harriet Lane Handbook remains your first choice for fast, accurate information on pediatric diagnosis and treatment. The first medical reference book written "by residents, for residents" and reviewed by expert faculty at The Johns Hopkins Hospital, it continues to provide the gold standard in point-of-care clinical information for any health care professional treating pediatric patients.
• Access the complete contents online at Expert Consult, including frequent updates to the trusted and comprehensive Pediatric Drug Formulary.
• Take advantage of the most dependable drug information available with thoroughly updated, one-of-a-kind Pediatric Formulary providing the standard of pediatric care from the leading pediatric hospital in the world.
• Trust thoroughly updated content that includes parameters for pediatric and neonatal septic shock; guidelines for acute management of severe traumatic brain injury; a convenient table detailing common genetic tests; a significantly extended collection of radiologic images; expanded mental health coverage; plus much more.
• Access information easily and quickly with reformatted sections designed make the book easier to use in print, online, or via mobile device.
• Rely on pocket-sized portability. The revised edition of The Harriet Lane Handbook is even more concise than ever before, featuring an increased amount of online-only content.
Harriet Lane, the most trusted pediatric handbook for over 50 years, is your first and best option for help in daily diagnosis and treatment.
Table of Contents
Part I Pediatric Acute Care
1 Emergency Management
4 Trauma, Burns, and Common Critical Care Emergencies
Part II Diagnostic and Therapeutic Information
5 Adolescent Medicine
6 Analgesia and Sedation
9 Development, Behavior and Mental Health
11 Fluids and Electrolytes
15 Immunology and Allergy
17 Microbiology and Infectious Disease
21 Nutrition and Growth
23 Palliative Care
Part III Reference
27 Blood Chemistries and Body Fluids
28 Biostatistics and Evidence-Based Medicine
Part IV Formulary
29 Drug Doses
30 Formulary Adjunct
31 Drugs in Renal Failure