Principles and Practice of Esthetic Dentistry: Essentials of Esthetic Dentistry, 1st Editionby Nairn Wilson CBE DSc (h.c.) FDS FFD FFGDP FCDSHK FACD FADM FHEA FKC (Editor)
Nairn Wilson CBE - one of the world’s leading dental educationalists - presents a unique volume designed to introduce practitioners to the world of esthetic dentistry with the goal of safely expanding his or her current scope of practice. Richly illustrated and in full colour throughout, this beautiful yet practical volume introduces the subject of esthetic dentistry to the reader with topics ranging from patient psychology and dental ethics to the maintenance of dental attractiveness. Principles and Practice of Esthetic Dentistry will be suitable for all dental practitioners - whether qualified or in training.
- Provides an important foundation on which to practice effective, minimal intervention esthetic dentistry
- Edited by a dental educationalist of international renown
- Clearly written chapters - some containing real-life clinical examples - carefully illustrated by high-quality photography and rich artwork program
- Shows how effective communication skills, patient empathy, and the ability to build a good rapport between the patient and the various members of the dental team are essential to good practice
- Explains how to carry out comprehensive examination and assessment of patients seeking esthetic dental care
- Explores the ethical considerations surrounding treatment intervention
- Explores the safe and effective use of modern dental materials and techniques
- Offers a highly visual, practical ‘cookbook’ approach in a unique series format
- Aims to strengthen, enhance and expand the scope of professional practice
Essentials in Esthetic Dentistry - a beautiful new book series from Elsevier - is under the editorial leadership of Professor Brian Millar, BDS, FDSRCS, PhD, FHEA, Consultant in Restorative Dentistry, Professor of Blended Learning in Dentistry, King’s College London Dental Institute, London, UK. Each volume in the series is authored by the highest-profile practitioners and specialists from the USA and Europe and has guest contributors from throughout the world. The series aims to provide both a basic and advanced body of knowledge of the procedures used in esthetic dentistry that are considered by many to be paramount to successful modern-day clinical practice.