Pathophysiology: The Biologic Basis for Disease in Adults and Children, 8th Editionby Kathryn L. McCance, Sue E. Huether
Learn the what, how, and why of pathophysiology! With easy-to-read, in-depth descriptions of disease, disease etiology, and disease processes, Pathophysiology: The Biologic Basis for Disease in Adults and Children, 8th Edition helps you understand the most important and most complex pathophysiology concepts. This updated text includes more than 1,300 full-color illustrations and photographs to make it easier to identify normal anatomy and physiology, as well as alterations of function. This edition includes a NEW chapter on obesity and nutritional disorders, along with expanded coverage of rare diseases and epigenetics. It’s the most comprehensive and authoritative pathophysiology text available!
• The most comprehensive and authoritative pathophysiology text on the market provides unparalleled coverage of Pathophysiology content.
• Over 1,300 full-color illustrations and photographs depict the clinical manifestations of disease and disease processes ― more than in any other pathophysiology text.
• Consistent presentation of diseases includes pathophysiology, clinical manifestations, and evaluation and treatment.
• Lifespan content includes ten separate pediatric chapters and special sections with aging and pediatrics content.
• Outstanding authors Kathryn McCance and Sue Huether have extensive backgrounds as researchers and instructors, and utilize expert contributors, consultants, and reviewers in developing this edition.
• Algorithms and flowcharts of diseases and disorders make it easy for you to follow the sequential progression of disease processes.
• Additional What’s New boxes highlight the most current research and clinical development.
• Nutrition and Disease boxes explain the link between concepts of health promotion and disease.
• Chapter summary reviews provide concise synopses of the main points of each chapter.
• NEW! Chapter on obesity and nutritional disorders thoroughly covers these growing global concerns.
• NEW! Added coverage of rare diseases and epigenetics further explore genetic disease traits.
• NEW! Over 50 new or heavily revised illustrations visually highlight pathophysiology concepts.
• NEW! More than 30 new 3D animations on Evolve bring difficult concepts to life for a new perspective on disease processes.
This updated text includes more than 1,300 full-color illustrations and photographs to make it easier to identify normal anatomy and physiology, as well as alterations of function