Ophthalmology, 3rd Edition: An Illustrated Colour Textby Mark Batterbury, Brad Bowling, Conor Murphy
This is a new edition of an innovative and popular introduction to ophthalmology, which in its first edition was awarded the Asher Prize in the Royal Society of Medicine Book Awards. After an introduction to the anatomy of the eye and its examination, the major diseases of the eye and their management are described, followed by a problem-based introduction to clinical decision making. For this third edition, the book has been revised to take account of the many advances in this specialty including the use of monoclonal antibodies in the treatment of ‘wet’ age-related macular degeneration and new surgical techniques for corneal transplants.
• Presents the core knowledge of ophthalmology and disorders of the eye, with a wealth of friendly features and superb illustrations.
• Relates structure to function in accordance with the approach that most of today's courses take.
• Tackles the common difficulties of diagnosis and management, such as acute red eye, sudden vision loss, and spots before the eyes, in the clinical decision-making section.
• Thoroughly updated to reflect current clinical practice.
• Additional material on macular degeneration.
• New and relacement images to reflect use of new imaging modalities.