Echo Made Easy International Edition, 2nd Editionby Sam Kaddoura
This best-selling and highly-praised book provides a practical and clinically useful introduction to echo. The author explains the echo techniques available, what an echo can and cannot give, and, importantly, puts echo into a clinical perspective. The sections are ordered with the techniques most often used to diagnose a particular clinical problem explained first. The final chapter deals with special clinical situations.
• This highly-praised book is a simple guide to a difficult subject, written in a conversational and accessible style. It is essential reading for anyone wishing to learn about echo - doctors, technicians, medical students etc.
• It provides full practical coverage of the clinical aspects of heart disease.
• It will be of great use to those experienced in echo as a refresher and reference source in pocket-size.
• Fully updated with the many recent advances in echocardiography.
• Now presented in full colour throughout with new illustrations.
• New sections on device therapy for heart failure (cardiac resynchronization therapy, CRT) and the use of echo and TOE (or TEE) in special situations.
• Expanded sections on diastolic function and tissue Doppler imaging.
• Additional material on the newer echo techniques such as 3-D echo, stress echo and contrast echo.
• Special clinical situations now include pulmonary embolism, pericardial disease, advanced age, athletic heart and obesity.