- Explains pathology with supporting illustrations, case studies, and information on key pathology figures in history
- Includes 'key facts' and 'dictionary boxes' for each topic
- Features an attractive presentation, packed with full color explanatory diagrams as well as high-quality pathology, microscopy, and radiological images
- Includes information on the latest special techniques including developments in imaging modalities
- Offers an integrated ebook with supplementary case studies as well as video and audio material
An accessible and enjoyable introduction to pathology and the mechanisms of disease, this book puts pathology into its historical, scientific and clinical context. Organized in four main themes - What is a Disease, Defense Against Disease, Circulatory Disorders and Disorders of Cell Growth - the text highlights key mechanisms and their interplay in producing symptoms, signs and disease. Supplemented throughout with colorful cartoons, and much-praised clinical scenarios, this entertaining look at pathology offers historical anecdotes and helpful key-points boxes.