▪ Covers most medical and surgical specialities including a new section on paediatrics
▪ Introductory chapters on the development of evidence-based medicine give uninitiated readers the tools required to analyse and understand medical studies
▪ Distills medical trials into a succinct and easy-to-read format
▪ Distills medical trials into a succinct and easy-to-assimilate format, providing an ideal tool for practical use
▪ Written by a team of experienced practitioners working in each speciality presented in the book
New to this Edition:
▪ New chapter on paediatrics covers landmark trials which consider practical issues, ethical factors and societal context specific to this specialty.
▪ Extensively updated chapters containing substantial new evidence and revised evaluation of clinical trials.
▪ Inclusion of recent trials reflecting developments in the field of evidence based medicine since the first edition.
▪ Simplified and revised introductory chapters designed to ensure a more succinct and usable experience for the reader.