The Principles of Endodontics, second editionby Shanon Patel and Justin J. Barnes
Fully updated for the second edition, The Principles of Endodontics integrates theory with clinical practice to produce a modern and relevant guide to a core aspect of dental practice.
This essential guide covers all the key areas of the subject, from patient management and treatment planning, to advanced restorative techniques. Chapters on treatment outcomes and dealing with complications and post-treatment disease prepare the reader for every eventuality in the field. Two new chapters on the restoration of the endodontically treated tooth and on the dento-legal aspects of endodontics have been added to bring this text up-to-date with modern clinical practice.
Fully illustrated throughout, colour photographs and line drawings help readers to understand complex theories and procedures. Each chapter contains references to essential sources of further reading, while the straightfoward and clear style of the text demystifies the complex subject.
Table of Contents
1. Introduction, Shanon Patel and Justin J. Barnes
2. The life of a tooth, Jose F. Siqueira Jr and Isabela N. Rocas
3. Diagnosis, treatment planning, and patient management, Bun San Chong, Justin J. Barnes, and Shanon Patel
4. Preserving pulp vitality, Avijit Banerjee
5. Root canal preparation, Edward J. Brady and Conor Durack
6. Root canal filling, Conor Durack and Edward J. Brady
7. Restoration of the endodontically treated tooth, Bhavin Bhuva and Francesco Mannocci
8. Treatment outcomes, Justin J. Barnes
9. Dealing with complications and post-treatment disease, Shanon Patel and Shalini Kanagasingam
10. Dento-legal aspects of endodontics, Len D'Cruz