Sturdevant's Art and Science of Operative Dentistry, 6th Editionby Harald O. Heymann, Edward J. Swift Jr., Andre V. Ritter
Get a better picture of operative dentistry from the most complete text on the market. Using a detailed, heavily illustrated, step-by-step approach, this comprehensive guide helps you master the fundamentals and procedures of restorative and preventive dentistry and learn to make informed decisions to solve patient needs. This widely respected text draws from both theory and practice, and is supported by extensive clinical and laboratory research. The new edition features a new full-color design, significant content updates, and a new companion website with six supplemental chapters, videos, and more.
• Comprehensive coverage spans the entire spectrum of operative dentistry, including fundamentals, diagnosis, instrumentation, preparation, restoration, and prevention.
• Practical, scientific approach to content is supported by sound clinical and laboratory research and incorporates both theory and practice.
• Clear presentation of techniques and procedures uses a consistent pattern to cover each restorative process.
• Procedural alternatives instruct on how to adapt a procedure or technique to answer individual patient needs.
• Pros and cons of restoration options discuss the advantages, disadvantages, indications, and contraindications involved to help you make informed decisions when multiple treatment options are available.
• Significant revisions across all chapters streamline the book and make it easier to read.
• New full-color design gives you a better picture of concepts and procedure details.
• Companion website offers electronic access to the book, plus six supplemental chapters, videos, and weblinks.
Editorial Reviews - Sturdevant's Art and Science of Operative Dentistry
Features -Sturdevant's Art and Science of Operative Dentistry Table of Contents Table of Contents
CLINICAL SIGNIFICANCE OF DENTAL ANATOMY, HISTOLOGY, PHYSIOLOGY, AND OCCLUSIONDENTAL CARIES: ETIOLOGY, CLINICAL CHARACTERISTICS, RISK ASSESSMENT, AND MANAGEMENTPATIENT ASSESSMENT, EXAMINATION AND DIAGNOSIS, AND TREATMENT PLANNINGFUNDAMENTAL CONCEPTS OF ENAMEL AND DENTIN ADHESIONFUNDAMENTALS IN TOOTH PREPARATION AND PULP PROTECTIONINSTRUMENTS AND EQUIPMENT FOR TOOTH PREPARATIONPRELIMINARY CONSIDERATIONS FOR OPERATIVE DENTISTRYINTRODUCTION TO COMPOSITE RESTORATIONSCLASS III, IV, AND V DIRECT COMPOSITE AND GLASS IONOMER RESTORATIONSCLASS I, II, AND VI DIRECT COMPOSITE RESTORATIONS AND OTHER TOOTH-COLORED RESTORATIONSCLASS I AND II INDIRECT TOOTH-COLORED RESTORATIONSADDITIONAL CONSERVATIVE ESTHETIC PROCEDURESINTRODUCTION TO AMALGAM RESTORATIONSCLASS I, II, AND VI AMALGAM RESTORATIONSCLASS III AND V AMALGAM RESTORATIONSCOMPLEX AMALGAM RESTORATIONSCLASS II CAST METAL RESTORATIONSONLINE CHAPTERS
BIOMATERIALSINFECTION CONTROLPAIN CONTROL FOR OPERATIVE DENTISTRYBONDED SPLINTS AND BRIDGESDIRECT GOLD RESTORATIONSADDITIONAL INFORMATION ON INSTRUMENTS AND EQUIPMENT FOR TOOTH PREPARATION