This Site automatically collects information on our server logs from your web browser regarding your use of the Site. Examples of information we collect automatically from all users include the Internet Protocol ('IP') address used to connect your computer to the Internet; computer and connection information such as browser type and version, operating system, and platform; and full Uniform Resource Locator ("URL") click stream data, including date and time, and content you viewed or searched for on the Site.
This Site also collects information through the use of "cookies." Cookies are anonymous, unique alphanumeric identifiers sent to your browser from a web site's computers and stored on your computer's hard drive. The type of information we collect as a result of a cookie being stored on your computer is specific to your computer. We use 'session' cookies to collect information about your use of the Site (e.g., whether you are logged in) and so that you may view articles, abstracts or other records and browse from page to page. These cookies are temporary and are deleted when you close your browser. We use 'persistent' cookies to give you a more personalized browsing experience and help you navigate the Site more efficiently.
We collect and use, and may from time to time supply third parties with, this information only as anonymous, aggregated user data for the purposes of usage analysis, quality control and administering and improving the Site.
You can prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie, or disable cookies altogether by accessing your browser's preferences menu. If you choose to disable cookies altogether, you can use the Site but will not be able to register, login to the Site with a personal User Name and Password, or make use of the advanced personalization features of the Site, although the basic features and functionality offered to unregistered users of the Site will be possible to use.
Collection and Registration of Personal Information
We sometimes request users of the Site to provide personal information. The information collected from a user is strictly voluntary and may include contact information such as the user's name, e-mail address, and postal address.
In order to access certain content and to make use of the full functionality and advanced personalization features of the Site such as purchase history, we may ask you to register and obtain a personal User Name and Password. You may be prompted to register when you:
- Choose the "Register", or "Log in" screens
- Order a downloadable/book/journal product
- Use personalization features
- Provide feedback
The information collected from the registration form that is presented to users when they choose to register may include contact information such as the user's name, e-mail address, postal address, work setting, job title, profession, principal professional field, subject area of interest, and country ("Registration Information"). The Registration Information is linked directly to a personal User Name and Password chosen by the user and can only be retrieved by supplying the correct User Name and Password that is linked to that profile.
How Personal Information Is Used
We use the personal information that you provide for such purposes as:
- Completion and support of the activity for which the information was provided, such as allowing access to or delivery of our products or services, processing or fulfilling an order or responding to your requests or inquiries
- Website and system administration, such as for the technical support of the Site and its computer system, including processing computer account information, information used in the course of securing and maintaining the Site, and verification of Site activity by the Site or its agents
- Research and development to enhance, evaluate and improve the Site and our services
- Tailoring or customizing content or design of the Site during a single visit to the Site and individualized personalization of the Site on repeat visits
- Pseudonymous analysis to create a profile used to determine the habits, interests or other characteristics of users for purposes of research, analysis and anonymous reporting
Disclosure of Personal Information to Third Parties
Access to your personal information is restricted to our employees, agents, representatives, distributors and service providers, such as our data processing, printing and fulfillment operations, and entities for whom we are acting as an agent, licensee or publisher such as societies and our affiliated group companies, for the purposes set forth above. Your personal information may be used by all of our trading names.
With your consent, we also may share your personal information with our affiliated group companies that wish to send you information about their products and services that may be of interest to you, and users who have consented to receive such information may receive communications from these third parties.
We will not otherwise disclose any personal information without your consent except under the following circumstances:
- in response to subpoenas, court orders, or legal process, or to establish or exercise our rights to defend against legal claims;
- if we believe it is necessary to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, safety of person or property, violation of our policies, or as otherwise required by law; and
- if HSbookstore.com, this Site or a related asset or line of business is acquired by, transferred to or merged with another company.
Access and Changes to Your Registration Information and Preferences
Registered users may access their identified contact information and other Registration Information and correct any discrepancies or update information by contacting our Customer Service Department at the address or telephone number detailed below or clicking on the "Logon" button and then selecting the "Edit Profile" option. The accuracy of such information is solely the responsibility of the user. No access is given to other data that may have been collected about users.
Retention of Personal Information
We retain the personal information we collect from you for as long as the information is relevant to our business purposes or until you request that we remove the data by contacting our Customer Service Department at the address or telephone number detailed below.
Our Commitment to Data Security
We recognize that your privacy is important to you, and therefore we endeavour to keep your personal information confidential. The personal and demographic information about each user is stored on our servers that are behind a firewall and physically housed within a secured data center. Furthermore, our internal practices help protect your privacy by limiting employee access to and use of such information. However, we do not represent, warrant, or guarantee that your personal information will be protected against unauthorized access, loss, misuse, or alterations, and do not accept any liability for the security of such information submitted to us nor for your or third parties' use or misuse of such information.
Questions, Complaints and Dispute Resolution
Health Science Publishing & Distribution Est.
Customer Service Department
P.O. BOX 16141 Qadisyah
Zip Code 35852