Netter's Orthopaedic Clinical Examination, 2nd edition: An Evidence-Based Approachby Joshua Cleland, Shane Koppenhaver
Netter’s Orthopaedic Clinical Examination: An Evidence-Based Approach, by Joshua Cleland and Shane Koppenhaver, helps you apply best practices to get the most clinically significant information from each physical examination. Classic Netter artwork and anatomy/biomechanics tables provide a handy anatomy and pathophysiology overview, while an evidence-based approach helps you focus on the examination techniques, tests, and measures that have been proven to yield the most meaningful diagnostic findings.
• Evidence-based information allows you to evaluate the effectiveness of the clinical tests available and review recent studies quickly to determine which test will best predict a specific diagnosis.
• Netter images and discussions of anatomy and biomechanics enhance your understanding of the orthopedic anatomy and pathology of each joint.
• A "Summary and Recommendations" table in each chapter helps you review the available clinical evidence at a glance.
• An assessment of study quality (QUADAS) appendix and icons identifying study quality draw your attention to top quality studies and help you understand why some studies were included and others omitted.
• A scale added to reliability tables makes it easy to focus on approaches and tests with the highest reliability.
• A concise tabular approach to terminology and statistics makes terms and equations easier to understand.
• Information has been organized to parallel the structure of a clinical orthopedic examination.
"Get the most clinically significant information from the orthopaedic examination."