Haematology: An Illustrated Colour Text, Edition 3by Martin R. Howard, Peter J Hamilton, Robert Britton (Illustrator)
This textbook on haematology in the Illustrated Colour Text series is suitable for medical students, junior doctors and others needing a concise and practical introduction to the subject.
• Concise and manageable coverage of the major blood diseases and their treatment.
• Does not overload the reader with science, unlike some competing books.
• Focus is on the haematology patient and on the practical aspects of the subject.
• Makes use of the attractive features of the ICT series - double page spreads, lots of colour illustrations, summary boxes.
• Updating to take account of recenty developments in stem cell biology.
• Increased emphasis on genomic and proteomic techniques in the diagnosis of haematological malignancy.
• Use of new imaging techniques including MRI and PET.
• Description of advances in treatment of leukaemia and lymphoma and in diagnosis and management of patients with thrombophilia and venous thrombosis.
• Development of new antimicrobial agents in management of immunosuppressed patients with infection.
• New double page spread on palliative care of patients with blood disorders.
• New illustrations.