Synopsis of Clinical Ophthalmology International Edition, 3rd Editionby Jack J. Kanski, Brad Bowling
Synopsis of Clinical Ophthalmology, by Jack J. Kanski and Brad Bowling, efficiently distills all the essential information you need to effectively diagnose and manage a comprehensive range of ophthalmic disorders. A concise format makes it easy to quickly learn and understand the "must-know" aspects of each condition. When time is of the essence, turn to Synopsis of Clinical Ophthalmology for accessible guidance to meet your diagnostic and point-of-care needs!
• Get guidance you can trust from a portable, practical handbook that distills all the key information from Clinical Ophthalmology: A Systematic Approach - Drs. Kanski and Bowling’s best-selling comprehensive eye reference.
• Visualize the most common eye disorders more clearly with the help of a completely revised image library, including clinical photographs and over 800 full-color illustrations, many of which are new.
• Remain current in practice with the latest advances in the treatment of retinal vascular disease (including new therapies for macular disorders); new drug therapies; updated surgery techniques for oculoplastic, corneal, and glaucoma surgery; and examination tips, imaging, and associated systemic conditions.
• Access the fully searchable contents online and download all the images at www.expertconsult.com!
Table of Contents
1. Eyelids Benign Nodules and Cysts Benign Tumours Malignant Tumours Allergic Disorders Disorders of Eyelashes Viral Infections Chronic Blepharitis Ptosis Ectropion Entropion Miscellaneous Acquired Disorders Cosmetic Eyelid and Periocular Surgery Congenital Malformations
2. Lacrimal Drainage System Acquired Obstruction Congenital Obstruction Principles of Adult Lacrimal Surgery Lacrimal Infections
3. Orbit Thyroid Eye Disease Infections Non-infective Inflammatory Disease Vascular Abnormalities Cystic Lesions Tumours Anophthalmic Socket Craniosynostoses
4. Dry Eye Definitions Classification of keratoconjunctivitis sicca Sjögren syndrome Diagnosis of dry eye Treatment
5. Conjunctiva Bacterial Conjunctivitis Viral Conjunctivitis Allergic Conjunctivitis Conjunctivitis in Blistering Mucocutaneous Disease Miscellaneous Conjunctivitis Degenerations
6. Cornea Bacterial Keratitis Fungal Keratitis Herpes Simplex Keratitis Herpes Zoster Ophthalmicus Interstitial Keratitis Protozoan Keratitis Bacterial Hypersensitivity - Mediated Corneal Disease Rosacea Severe Peripheral Corneal Ulceration Neurotrophic Keratopathy Exposure Keratopathy Miscellaneous Keratopathy Corneal Ectasias Corneal Dystrophies Corneal Degenerations Metabolic Keratopathies Contact Lenses Congenital Anomalies of the Cornea and Globe
7. Corneal and Refractive Surgery Keratoplasty Refractive Procedures
8. Episclera and Sclera Episcleritis Immune-mediated Scleritis Scleral Discoloration
9. Lens Acquired Cataract Management of Age-related Cataract Congenital Cataract Ectopia Lentis Abnormalities of Shape
10. Glaucoma Ocular Hypertension Primary Open-angle Glaucoma Normal-pressure Glaucoma Primary Angle-closure Glaucoma Pseudoexfoliation Pigment Dispersion Neovascular Glaucoma Inflammatory Glaucoma Lens-related Glaucoma Traumatic Glaucoma Iridocorneal Endothelial Syndrome (ICE) Glaucoma in Intraocular Tumours Glaucoma in Iridoschisis Primary Congenital Glaucoma Iridocorneal Dysgenesis Glaucoma Medications Laser Therapy Trabeculectomy Non-penetrating Surgery Drainage Shunts
11. Uveitis Terminology Clinical Features Principles of Treatment Intermediate Uveitis Uveitis in Spondyloarthropathies Uveitis in Juvenile Arthritis Uveitis in Bowel Disease Sarcoidosis Behçet Syndrome Toxoplasmosis Toxocariasis Onchocerciasis (‘river blindness’) Uveitis in Acquired Immunodeficiency Syndrome (AIDS) Acure Retinal Necrosis (ARN) Fungal Uveitis Bacterial Uveitis White Dot Syndromes Primary Stromal Choroiditis Fuchs Uveitis Syndrome
12. Ocular Tumours Bengin Epibulbar Tumours Malignant and Premalignant Epibulbar Tumours Iris Tumours Iris Cysts Ciliary Body Melanoma Tumours of the Choroid Neural Retinal Tumours Vascular Retinal Tumours Primary Intraocular Lymphoma Congenital Hypertrophy of the Retinal Pigment Epithelium (CHRPE)
13. Retinal Vascular Disease Diabetic Retinopathy Retinal Venous Occlusive Disease Retinal Arterial Occlusive Disease Hypertensive Disease Sickle-cell Retinopathy Retinopathy of Prematurity (ROP) Retinal Artery Macroaneurysm Primary Retinal Telangiectasia
14. Acquired Macular Disorders Age-related Macular Degeneration (AMD) Polypoidal Choroidal Vasculopathy (PCV) Age-related Macular Hole Central Serous Chorioretinopathy (CSCR) Cystoid Macular Oedema (CMO) Macular Epimacular Membrane Degenerative Myopia Angioid Streaks Choroidal Folds Hypotony Maculopathy Vitreomacular Traction Syndrome
15. Hereditary Fundus Dystrophies Generalized Photoreceptor Dystrophies Macular Dystrophies Generalized Choroidal Dystrophies Vitreoretinal Dystrophies Albinism Cherry-red Spot at the Macula
16. Retinal Detachment Definitions Rhegmatogenous retinal detachment (RRD) Tractional retinal detachment (TRD) Exudative retinal detachment (ERD) Pars plana vitrectomy
17. Vitreous Opacities Muscae volitantes Vitreous haemorrhage Asteroid hyalosis Synchisis scintillans
18. Strabismus Amblyopia Heterophoria Vergence Abnormalities Esotropia Exotropia Special Syndromes Alphabet Patterns Strabismus Surgery
19. Neuro-ophthalmology Optic Nerve Pupils Pituitary Adenomas Retrochiasmal Pathways Ocular Motor Nerves Supranuclear Disorders of Ocular Motility Nystagmus Ocular Myopathies Neurofibromatosis Migraine Neuralgias Facial Spasm
20. Ocular Side-effects of Systemic Medication Cornea Lens Uveitis Retina Optic Nerve
21. Trauma Eyelid Trauma Blow-out Orbital Floor Fracture Trauma to the Globe Chemical Injuries