Pediatric Allergy: Principles and Practice, 2nd Edition, Expert Consultby Donald Y. M. Leung MD PhD, Hugh Sampson, Raif Geha MD and Stanley J. Szefler MD
Pediatric Allergy supplies the comprehensive guidance you need to diagnose, manage, and treat virtually any type of allergy seen in children. Drs. Leung, Sampson, Geha, and Szefler present the new full-color second edition, with coverage of the diagnosis and management of anaphylaxis, the immune mechanisms underlying allergic disease, the latest diagnostic tests, and more…in print and online at expertconsult.com.
• Treat the full range of pediatric allergic and immunologic diseases through clinically focused coverage relevant to both allergists and pediatricians.
• Understand the care and treatment of pediatric patients thanks to clinical pearls discussing the best approaches.
• Easily refer to appendices that list common food allergies and autoantibodies in autoimmune diseases.
• Access the fully searchable contents online at expertconsult.com, where you’ll also find a downloadable image bank.
• Apply the newest diagnostic tests available-for asthma, upper respiratory allergy, and more-and know their benefits and contraindications.
• Treat the allergy at its source rather than the resulting reactions through an understanding of the immune mechanisms underlying allergic diseases.
• Get coverage of new research that affects methods of patient treatment and discusses potential reasons for increased allergies in some individuals.
• Better manage potential anaphylaxis cases through analysis of contributing facts and progression of allergic disease.
• Effectively control asthma and monitor its progression using the new step-by-step approach.
• Eliminate difficulty in prescribing antibiotics thanks to coverage of drug allergies and cross-reactivity.
Manage the rapid increase in pediatric allergy with the comprehensive guidance of Drs. Leung & Sampson
"The Leung book will continue to be one of the most valuable reference texts in pediatric allergy and clinical immunology for students, residents and fellows in training as well as for primary care physicians and specialists in all of the various subspecialties of medicine and surgery entrusted to the care of infants and children." - Joseph A. Bellanti, MD
"This book provides a broad yet concise overview of the field of pediatric allergy and immunology. The organization makes it useful as a day-to-day reference for clinicians. At the same time, it dedicates adequate space to relevant new knowledge in the basic sciences. It is very well written and would serve as a singular reference for pediatricians managing patients with allergic and immunologic disease." - Larry Montelibano, MD, Doody's Review Service