Known for its top-notch artwork and readable writing style, Illustrated Anatomy of the Head and Neck, 5th Edition, provides dental assisting and dental hygiene students with complete coverage of head and neck anatomy, plus detailed discussions of the temporomandibular joint and its role in dental health, the anatomy of local anesthesia, and the spread of dental infection. Chapters are organized by anatomical systems of study and include expanded review questions that help prepare you for classroom and board examinations. Combine this new edition with its companion title, Illustrated Dental Embryology, Histology, and Anatomy, and you will have a solid foundation of basic scientific knowledge that ties to everyday clinical dental practice.
• Approachable writing style presents cutting-edge content and the latest evidence-based information in a way that may be easily grasped and applied.
• More than 400 full-color illustrations and clinical photographsshow models and patients within a clinical setting.
• 28 removable color flashcards offer on-the-go study, with key images on one side and corresponding labels on the back.
• Identification exercises in each chapter ask you to label the different structures to test your knowledge of anatomy.
• Multiple-choice review questions in each chapter include a mixture of knowledge- and application-based content, and prepare you for the national board examinations in dental assisting and dental hygiene.
• Easy-to-read tables and boxes summarize concepts and procedures.
• Key terms begin each chapter, accompanied by phonetic pronunciations, and are highlighted within the chapter.
• Learning objectives open each chapter with goals to be accomplished, also serve as checkpoints for comprehension, skills mastery, and study tools in preparation for examinations.
• A glossary offers quick and handy access to all the key terms and definitions used in the book.
• Updated content includesevidence-based information on hot topics such as caries risk, periodontal disease, local anesthesia administration, and infection control.
• NEW! Additional full-color illustrations and photographs support text descriptions and help ensure complete comprehension.
• Updated review questions are included in every chapter to correlate with new content.
• A companion Evolve website offers more practice with case studies, image identification, and flashcards.