Epidemiology, 5th Edition: with STUDENT CONSULT Online Accessby Leon Gordis
Epidemiology, by award-winning educator and epidemiologist Leon Gordis, is a best-selling introduction to this complex science. Dr. Gordis leverages his vast experience teaching this subject in the classroom to introduce the basic principles and concepts of epidemiology in a clear, uniquely memorable way. He guides you from an explanation of the epidemiologic approach to disease and intervention, through the use of epidemiologic principles to identify the causes of disease, to a discussion of how epidemiology should be used to improve evaluation and public policy. It’s your best choice for an accessible yet rich understanding of epidemiology!
"Overall, Ithink it is an excellent book for medical students and occupational medicine trainees and a useful revision and reference text for consultant occupational physicians one of the most clearly laid out and readable general epidemiology texts that Ihave everseen". Reviewed by: Occupational Medicine Date: July 2015
• Gain a solid foundation of basic epidemiologic principles as well as practical applications in public health and clinical practice.
• Visualize concepts vividly through abundant full-color figures, graphs, and charts.
• Check your understanding of essential information with 320 multiple-choice epidemiology self-assessment questions (120 inside the book plus 200 more online).
• Access the complete contents online at Student Consult, including over 200 additional multiple-choice epidemiology self-assessment questions not found in the book, with answers to all questions as well as full rationales explaining why every answer is correct or incorrect.
• Master the latest nuances in epidemiology thanks to a wealth of new and updated illustrations, examples, and epidemiologic data.