Contemporary Orthodontics, 5th Editionby William R. Proffit
Now in full color, Contemporary Orthodontics, 4th Edition is a practical resource with a long tradition of excellence. Line drawings and more than 1,000 new color images illustrate concepts more clearly than ever. This book includes detailed information on diagnosis, treatment planning concepts, related problems or controversies, and current treatment procedures, including the role of orthodontics in comprehensive treatment of patients with multiple problems.
• Updated material on psychosocial problems in orthodontic treatment, oral function, and the relationship between injury and dental disease.
• Case studies throughout the text highlight the demand for orthodontic treatment, the etiology of orthodontic problems, and treatment planning for cleft lip and palate patients.
• NEW! Review of the contemporary applications of 3D imaging in both diagnosis and evaluation of treatment.
• NEW! Updated information on Temporary Anchorage Devices (TADs) and miniplates.
• NEW! The latest advances in the biology of orthodontic treatment, including new ways to accelerate orthodontic tooth movement and the continuing evolution of improved fixed appliances.
• NEW! Over 200 new figures to illustrate new concepts and procedures.