Concise, portable, and user-friendly, The Washington Manual Hematology and Oncology Subspecialty Consult, 4th Edition, provides quick access to the essential information needed to evaluate a patient on a subspecialty consult service. This edition offers state-of-the-art content, including coverage of new anti-cancer drugs and new biomarkers and therapeutic targets. Ideal for fellows, residents, and medical students rotating on hematology and oncology subspecialty services, the manual is also useful as a first-line resource for internists and other primary care providers.
• Thoroughly revised to include new standards in the treatment of malignancies and hematologic disorders, mechanisms of action of new therapeutic agents, and the current use of molecular prognostic factors.
• A new chapter on immunotherapy reviews approved and potentially approved new therapies that help you improve clinical outcomes for your patients.
• A reorganized, consistent format throughout ensures that you can find what you need quickly and easily.
• Comprehensive coverage addresses all areas of hematology and oncology.
Symptoms, signs, and problems encountered in daily practice are presented in a quick-reference bulleted format.
• Updated references are provided for readers who would like additional information on a particular topic.
• Written by fellows and junior faculty from the Washington University School of Medicine in St. Louis.
Now with the print edition, enjoy the bundled interactive eBook edition, which can be downloaded to your tablet and smartphone or accessed online and includes features like:
• Complete content with enhanced navigation
• Powerful search tools and smart navigation cross-links that pull results from content in the book, your notes, and even the web
• Cross-linked pages, references, and more for easy navigation
• Highlighting tool for easier reference of key content throughout the text
• Ability to take and share notes with friends and colleagues
• Quick reference tabbing to save your favorite content for future use