With over 1000 essential questions, MCQs and EMQs in Surgery is the ideal self-assessment companion guide to Bailey & Love’s Short Practice in Surgery, 26th edition. The book assists trainee surgeons as they prepare for examinations and enables them to test their knowledge of the principles and practice of surgery as outlined in Bailey & Love.
Divided into 13 subject-specific sections and written by expert contributors, the MCQs and EMQs provide comprehensive coverage of the current surgical curriculum as well as the core learning points as set out in Bailey & Love. The book is ideally suited for the MRCS exam as well as for the first part of the FRCS (General Surgery) and the new Intercollegiate FRCS (International) exams.The book emphasises the importance of self-assessment within effective clinical examination and soundly based surgical principles while taking into account the latest developments in practice. This new edition includes many new contributors and enhanced chapters with answers provided in much greater detail.
While the book is closely aligned with the content of the celebrated Bailey & Love, it also performs well as a standalone self-test guide and may be used independently. MCQs and EMQs in Surgery provides an invaluable revision tool for all candidates studying for the MRCS and FRCS exams.
• Provides a valuable revision tool for surgeons in training studying for the MRCS (basic surgical exam) in the UK, Middle East, and the Indian subcontinent
• Contains more than 1000 essential questions to assist readers in preparation for examinations
• Features 13 subject-specific sections emphasizing the importance of self-assessment within effective clinical examination and soundly based surgical principles
• Takes into account the latest developments in surgical practice
• Includes new contributors who have enhanced chapters with answers provided in much greater detail
• Complements the latest edition of Bailey & Love, with insight from one of its lead editors
• Contains four new chapters to reflect changes in the new edition