There has been an exponential increase in the amount of information available on the pathophysiology and management of heart diseases. Meanwhile, understanding of the underlying pathology and physiology has deepened and broadened with new methodologies to monitor cardiac structure and function. These developments have led to an overwhelming amount of information available to students, trainees, and physicians. What is in short supply is a comprehensive yet concise and clear description of the important cardiac conditions and disorders, an approach to their management, and an easily consulted and well-indexed summary to be used at the bedside or in the clinic. This book addresses that need.
• Covers the field of cardiology in ~350 pages in a pocket book format that focuses on providing the right amount of information
• Includes the latest information available on consensus, guidelines, tables, algorithms and resumes on all the subjects integrating evidence-based medicine and cardiology topics
• Provides checklists of all the situations a student or a practitioner must question
• Uses color tables and decision trees, giving complete panorama of all the possibilities you have in front of a subject, a patient, a situation, an advice
• Aids medical residents, cardiology fellows and general internists in the pathophysiology of murmurs, cardiac cycle, etc. One of the first review books to discuss advanced topics such as assist devices and hybrid cardiac procedures